I am a teacher, play worker and professional storyteller and have worked with individual children as well as groups in a wide range of settings. I offer lively storytelling sessions to fit with themes and particular celebrations.
I have a warm, engaging style and use a variety of sounds, moods, actions and different languages as well as a balanced repertoire of stories to keep children engaged. My key focus is connecting with the children and allowing them to participate fully to ensure they get the most from the stories. I often have children rushing up to me to retell me a story that I told them several years before! Please see my testimonials page.
Key areas I work with:
- traditional folk tales from around the world, telling a different story to each class so they can work with them and perhaps share them later
- link with Talk for Writing work, I work with children to make a story then reshape it and reframe it back to them as a finished story
- telling a though-provoking story in assembly
- informal story workshops in after-school and holiday clubs
- linking with Healthy Schools work
- running story yoga sessions
- focus on maths within stories
- twilight inset training for teachers
To book call Paula on 07847 525 881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
I have worked in theatres, festivals, schools, nurseries as well as Bristol Zoo and the SS Great Britain. I was co-Founder of the Bristol Storytelling Festival and I run the Bristol Story Cafe. I write for Early Years Educator magazine, websites and blogs and have talked on BBC Radio Bristol about storytelling. I am DBS checked.